- Have you ever wondered why public speaking is a dreaded skill?
The fear of public speaking is the biggest fear. This is because of the conflict that comes with it. There are others and their expectations, and the way of their conditioning, and the penetration of their eyesight, and here am I, who is exposed, and the conflict.
- Can you see that standing in front of an audience and making a presentation or a speech or a proposal is a thing of great violence? Can you understand the violence contained in it? Can you see if you are dying for success, there is a war going on?
- Where there are two parties and something is at stake. What else is the definition of war? What else is the definition of violence? Is it a collaborative thing? It’s a win-loose situation: ‘Either I get it, or somebody else gets it. Either the proposal gets extended, or it gets aborted. Either I will be successful or I will be labeled unsuccessful’.
- Do you not see the violence contained in it, or do you not see how your body responds to that violence? Your whole face goes red and all the sweating and all the palpitation.
- ‘I am prepared’, for what?
Prepared for violence. Preparation means an anticipation of violence !
–Edited for clarity.
Read the post: There is nothing called ‘my success’ | Words Into Silence
Watch the session: There is nothing called ‘my success’