- If you have a thousand rupees, you are careful about investing it. Are you careful about investing your life? ‘Where am I investing my life? Why am I investing my life?’
- Won’t you like to examine using your own intelligence that ‘what is this running behind achievement all about’?
- ‘Achievement is aim’. You set up an aim, and when you get that aim then you call it as ‘achievement’.
- Aim is a desire. You call it, ‘my’ aim. Isn’t that so? You call it, ‘my’ aim, ‘my’ target, ‘my’ desire, ‘my’ goal. That is what you call it. Right?
- What you are calling as your desire is a result of circumstances. Had the circumstances been different, the desires would have been different.
- You do not have your ‘own’ desires. That totally depends on your circumstances. You may keep calling it as ‘my’ desire but there is no ‘myness’ in it.
- Do you see this fact that your desires are a product of your circumstances? Do the circumstances exist within you or outside of you?
- So, all your desires come from outside. There is nothing called as ‘my’ desire.
-Edited for clarity.
Read the post: The delusion called achievement | Words Into Silence
Watch the session: The delusion called achievement | YouTube