- Know a man not by the loudness of his voice, but by the depth of his silence.
- Compassion is not an expression of affection.
Compassion is a treatment of disease.
- Know the disease with detachment, and treat it with care.
- Separation from the Truth manifests as cunningness or ignorance.
Ignorance is to be lost in ideas; cunningness is to label ideas as Truth.
- For real action, let the Real act on your behalf.
Observing the world, one comes to the ego.
Observing ego, one comes to the Self.
- Attention must be like heartbeat, continuous and quiet.
- Do not try to control the mind, just leave it alone and it will extinguish.
- Externally you may be comparable but Essentially you are beyond comparison.
- Attend to the facts and your imaginations will fall in place.
- Directly or indirectly, voluntarily or involuntarily, you will end up spreading more and more suffering, if you are suffering.
If you are sad, you will end up making everyone, everybody around you sad.
If you are disturbed, you will disturb all the people around you.
If you are calm, you will spread calmness around you.
- To go for goals is gloom, to fantasise a future is frustration.
- To give importance to success is to invite frustration; to give importance to results is to invite boredom.
- It is alright to not to be respectable.
It is alright to not have all those things that grown up, mature ones are supposed to have.
It is alright to sometimes just run naked like a child.
It is alright sometimes even to harm yourself a little, or let the harm come to you.
It is alright to wonder what the whole thing is about.
- Real maturity comes with regaining the child.
You will have to be an adult and a child together.
You cannot be one of them.
- A really grown up man is the one who is again a kid.
Most people never grow up, neither do they remain kids nor do they become men and women.
- What is healthy is forgotten, what is sick is remembered.
- Dreams are a wonderful indicator.
They tell you that something needs to be done.
They tell you that not everything is alright.
They tell you that certain movement needs to happen.
But you need to exactly find out what is it that the dream really wants; otherwise, the same dream that could have helped you move to quietness, and peace, and relaxation, would mislead you, as it misleads most people.
Dreams are an important signal sent from the depth of your mind to the conscious mind.
You need to interpret that signal properly.
It appears that the objects of our dreams are different, but in some way all of us dream of the same One. Nobody has ever dreamt of anybody else. There is only One point that we all seek. That one point appears to our mind as different names, forms and shapes.
Whenever you have desired, you have desired only One. Whenever you have dreamt, you have wanted only One. And it is easy to be misled, because that One appears in many forms.
- What does each desire promise? Fulfill me and you will get satisfaction.
What does each desire want? Its own disappearance through fulfilment.
Desire deeply desires the disappearance of itself.
- When you keep rejecting the objects of your desire, and dreams, then slowly the tendency of the object to show themselves, to present themselves, reduces. Now you have come to a point where you know that things, or persons, or ideas, or thoughts, is not what you want. So what happens, that the chase after things, or persons, or ideas, or reputation, loses its energy.
- Reality is not the opposite of illusion;
Reality is the basis of illusion.
When understood, illusion itself shines as reality.
- A situation is a challenge only when you feel something about you is at stake.
A thing becomes a problem only if you have something at stake, only when you feel that the external input, the external stimulus has the power to take something from you.
One unnecessarily believes himself to be a handicap, and a challenge, or a problem comes in the form a thief and the thief takes away your crutches. And you suddenly discover that you can walk, not just walk, that you can even run.
You have to value peace. You must know the value of peace. You have to come to the fact that peace is invaluable.
And if you do not come to this fact, if you do not make the right decision, then the penalty is that you will suffer.
- Life is sacred.
The various objects in life are not sacred. They are all dispensable.
The flow of the life is important, not pictures of the flow, not the individual currents.
The totality of the flow is important.
- After gaining all the knowledge, after reading the wisdom literature, after seeing a few things, if I am still bound by the society, then what is the point in taking that education?
Education must liberate, not make a man bonded.
- Hurt and attachment are one and the same. One is seen in the beginning, the other is seen in the end, so you feel that they are different. Are the bud and the flower really different entities? Just because there is intervention of time, so you feel that they are different.
Where there is hurt, there is attachment.
- To be hit once is alright.
But to keep getting hit again and again, again and again, and often at the same spot, that is not fun.
That is Tragic!
- Till you are there, problem will be there. Till you remain the same, problem will remain the same.
Your conception of yourself is the problem.
- If you act in the way of understanding, you will soon find that the situations around you are changing, the people around you are changing, the places you visit are changing, the things that happen to you are changing.
- All displacement from present is suffering.
- We are all fragments.
No two fragments can be alike.
Till the time you remain divided, fragmented, small, you will always be in conflict.
Love will never be possible.
- Living by the Heart is always worth it; whatever be the side-effects, whatever be the price you have to pay.