- In the existential sense, the whole is not the sum of the parts. The whole is from where all the parts emerge and yet the whole remains whole.
Even in absence of all the parts, the whole is still there; even in the presence of all the parts, the whole is still there. Actually, the parts are not present, only the whole is present. What appears as the part is the inability of the part to see the whole. Otherwise, there are actually no parts, there is only the whole.
- Part is a fragmented way of looking; otherwise, there is no part, there is only the whole.
- Love is not just an external action. When Truth shines within, Love is its radiation.
- India is the place where maximum scriptures were written, and India is also the place where they came to know that scriptures cannot help you beyond a point. Only direct transmission can help. India has had the greatest libraries. But India has also said that without coming in direct contact with a Teacher, things will not materialise.
- While on one hand, I will always say, that one must read and read a lot. On other hand, reading is fraught with its own risks and reading can never substitute for a living Teacher.No book is going to come and hold you accountable.
No book is going to come and tell you on your face that you are cunning.
A book is a book.
When those words were spoken they had great life in them. Now, ‘you’ are master of the book. ‘You’ can manipulate the words. ‘You’ can interpret them according to your own convenience, and ‘you’ can quote those words.
When the teacher is alive then you dare not manipulate him. After he is gone, the words are yours. You do what ‘you’ want to.
The words will become the play thing in the hands of ego.
- Love is not a ‘want’ and Love is not an obligation. You don’t ‘want’ to Love somebody and you don’t ‘have’ to love somebody. Love is not at all related to the world around you. Love is first and foremost your own state of being. Love is your own inner richness. Love is entirely an internal phenomena which flows up with respect to the world as well. But primarily it has not much to do with the world, it has to do with your own consciousness. ‘Am I connected to myself?’ That connection, that closeness with yourself is Love.
- Those who want IT, will get IT.
If you are not getting IT, the only reason is, you do not want IT.
- When your internal health is good, then you radiate Love.When the being is healthy, and strong, it radiates Love.
- Forget that Love has to do anything with anybody outside. Please forget that. Forget about loving somebody. Turn inwards, look within, cure yourself and then you don’t have to worry about Love. Even without knowing, you will become loving. You won’t even know that this is Love, because as per our standard definitions of Love, Love is something totally different. So even without knowing, you would have already become Love. And in strange ways you would be reaching out to others. That’s the mysticism of Love.
You won’t even know how you are benefitting the other. Of course, that would not be as per the general imagination, the general norms. You won’t be talking sweet necessarily. And your behaviour towards everybody will not be same because Love is not something that can be typecast. The same Sun, when it shines upon the sand, it dries the sand and when it shines upon the ice, it melts ice. In one case, the water has been removed and in other case, water has appeared. So your behaviour towards everybody will be different. The same Sun has different effects on different people. You cannot just declare a particular type of behaviour to be loving behaviour. And you don’t have to bother whether my behaviour is loving or not.
My inner health is so good that whatever would be happening would be good. I am so full that I can only give. I do not intend to harm anybody because I clearly see that ultimate all around, so whom to harm.
- Love is not a relationship with the other. Love is not a behaviour displayed to others. Love is your internal fullness. Love is the submergence of the ego in its source. That closeness is called Love. And when that is misplaced, when that is there, then everything is alright. In Love, you may even kill. Love is sheer wisdom. And Love demands that one does kill some time. Love is not about giving each other gifts. “You are my darling” — that is not Love. And let those special days come, anniversaries and the birthdays and the valentine days and all the kuchikoo. That is not Love.
- Love is the ultimate uncertainty.
- Be cured within, then all your relationships will fall into place.Do not think that it’s about one particular person, that my relation with one man is unloving. It’s not about your relationship with one particular person, it’s about your relationship with yourself. It’s about who you are.
If you have relationship problems, turn within, look at yourself. Do not look at that man or that relationship. Turn within. The solution lies there.
- The false desires the Truth in desiring the disappearance of Truth.
- It requires a seer to see, that the Truth is that which powers the eyes to see, but which the eyes themselves cannot see; that the ears are powered by some other source to hear; that the tongue is powered by some other source to speak; and that source is so vast, immense, beyond description, that the tongue cannot mention, or capture that source in words.It powered the tongue to speak, but the tongue cannot speak of it.
It powers the mind to think, but the mind cannot think of it.
It requires the humility and wisdom of a Sage to remember this.
- Your boundaries do not define you. Your boundaries limit you. You are defined by your Light. So when it comes to choosing, between your limits and your Light, you must choose Light.
- The moon says: Why ask for this and that? I do not really need this and that. I only need one, and I’ll ask for that one. Can I merge in the Sun? Please, can I be one with the Sun? That is what my heart has been beating for so long. Can I be one with the Sun? And if you say, I cannot be one with the Sun, then can I at least please see, the glory and splendour of Sun all around me all the time? Can you please give me a boon that I never forget that there is nothing but Light, but Sun? Can I remember always that every bit of energy around me comes from one single source? Can I remember and see that source, always and everywhere? That is what a wise moon would ask for. It will not want exclusivity. It will not say, that I should remain, and Sun should go. It realises the stupidity and impossibility of such a desire.
- To be in love with the Truth is to forget everything else, because the Truth is one and all encompassing. If you have fallen in love with the Truth, how can you remember anything else? Because there is nothing else to remember. To fall in love with Truth, is to fall in love with wholeness. There is nothing else left.
- Ask for that One, ask for nothing else. And if that One is asked for, really asked for, you get it. It is such a magical thing. You keep asking for petty stuff, do you ever get it? You have asked since years, since decades, since centuries for all small and petty things. Have you ever been able to get it? You have asked for the love of man, you have asked for reputation, you have asked for satisfaction, have you ever been able to get it? Love of men have kept you thirsty, reputation has always proved insufficient, and money has never been enough. Now for once, try something else. Leave all those little desires and ask for the Truth itself. Ask for the One. You will say, “Sir, when our little desires are never granted, how this immense desire will be granted?” But I am assuring you, this magic happens.
- If your desires are little, they are never granted. They are never granted precisely because they are little, and existence does not value littleness, it values immensity.You ask for the petty and you will not get it, and you ask for infinity, it is yours.
It is yours the moment you ask it.
- Ask not for the petty, but for infinity, and see, how easily available it is. You ask it and you get it. In fact, you get it before you ask for it, otherwise, you cannot ask for it.How will you ask for infinity without being infinity itself?
- How will you ask for infinity without being inspired by infinity itself? Strange is this asking. You get it, and only then you can ask for it. Such is the compassion of the giver. He gives first and after that, you ask for it. And such is the worthlessness of all asking. You have already gotten it when you are asking for it; what is the point in asking? Such is the stupidity of all desires. What you are asking for is already yours. And asking for it again and again cannot help you. What has already been given to you cannot be given again.
- The false desires the Truth in desiring the disappearance of Truth.
- Intelligence is fully yours, and yet you cannot own it.
- Detachment does not mean that “I do not want this, I do not want that.” Detachment is just simple common sense. How can I keep holding that which is obviously a source of suffering? That is detachment.
- To be detached is to not to hold on to stupidity, that is the simple definition of detachment.
- Detachment means that the mind knows it’s Real home, so it does not have to beg for other homes.Detachment means that the mind knows it’s Real lover, so it does not have to look for love here and there.Detachment means that the mind is dependent only on One, so it is not dependent on the thousands.
That is detachment.
- Unconditional love is a fierce commitment to reject all but the One.
- Love is your own state of mind, the other does not have much to do with Love. That’s another misconception, that for Love, there has to be the presence of an other; not needed.Love is essentially between the mind and the Source, and because the Source is the Source of the mind itself, so again it is not something between two entities, not between two separate entities.
- Something which will remain unaffected by whatever is happening on the outside, in the world. There is a state of the mind which remains continuously untouched by whatever is happening outside, this is called unconditional. It doesn’t matter what is happening here, there, with that person, in the future, in the past, today, tomorrow. I have a particular state of mind that does not change and that is called the unconditional state. You may call it Love, you may not call it Love, that doesn’t matter, this unconditionality itself is the Love. That state of mind which remains untouched by all the movements in time and space is unconditional, and that alone is Love.
- That state of mind which remains untouched by all the movements in time and space is unconditional, and that alone is Love.
- A mind that is in close contact, in intimacy with its own Source, is a loving mind, and that is why it is unconditional. Because when the mind is in contact with its own Source, then whatever is happening on the periphery, all the conditions that are continuously changing on the periphery, they do not affect the mind, and hence it is called unconditional love.
- Come what may – that is unconditional Love.
- You appear by the will of existence, so just abide by the will of existence.
- As long as you are valuing, learning cannot happen. As long as you are assessing, measuring, learning cannot happen. Learning is invaluable. Experience has zero value.
- Anything that the limited does, will be a product of its limitation. The best that the limited can do is – cease to be attached to its limitation, cease to exist, cease the clammer, cease to have an obsession with its being.
- Don’t have a desire for something beyond, something exotic. Just be careful about which already is.
- You are attacked only as long as there is something to be attacked. And when there is something to be attacked, you would always feel attacked, or threatened to be attacked.It is not as if the universe is conspiring against you, it is just that the self that you have built up, lives on a diet of threats. It is not as
if all the arrows and bullets are aiming at you, it is just that the armour that you have raised, is justified only by arrows and bullets.
- ‘Vunerability’ simply means that having armours is stupid, because there is actually nothing out there, having enmity against you. There is simply nothing out there that is disposed unfavourably against you.‘Vulnerability’ means relaxation. ‘Vulnerability’ means that if you are getting hit, then what is getting hit deserves to get hit, and what is getting hit, is just getting highlighted as the next item that must disappear from your mind.
- ‘Vulnerability’ is like that beautiful green leaf dancing in the wind. The wind is there, and the leaf is responding to it. That is ‘vulnerability’. Come the wind, come the dance. No wind, no dance. The wind and the dance are one. The wind and the leaf are one. And the leaf has not decided to dance, and the leaf has not decided to not to dance – this is vulnerability.
- A vulnerable man is not one who exposes himself to hurt. The vulnerable man is the one who can no longer be hurt.
- To really know is to take knowledge lightly.
- The wise man finds it wise to remain ignorant of his wisdom. He does not ever know what he knows, neither does he try. It is only when the situation arises that That which he knows, springs up – all of a sudden. He did not dial it, he did not call it, he did not summon it; it comes from somewhere. All that he knows is, that It will come, and that is called as ‘surrender of the mind’.
- You surely want something and you can’t live without what you want, and yet the power to really know what you want has not been given to you.
- Look at how our restlessness plays out – all the institutions that we have built, this entire edifice of civilization and culture that we have raised, the literature, the technological progress, arts and culture, the various sciences; in fact everything that we call as human development, human activity, it is strange, everything that we attribute to man as a proof of his greatness is actually coming from his restlessness.
- Religion is that quest to regain, to come back to somethi
ng very essential; to get back some part, some very essential, fundamental part of you, without which you can’t breathe, without which you can’t live. And howsoever hard you try, you cannot bring yourself to forget that you have lost something very important, that is the importance of Religion.
- When so much of advice is available on how to get peace, how will one ever get peace? When so many people are intent upon telling you what to do with your life, how will you ever know what to do this moment? When you are repeatedly being told, and told, and told, about what Love means, what money means, what work is, what relationships are, what society is, what God is, how will you ever know any of these?
- The more this consciousness, this mind grows and gets filled up, the more difficult it is to return. Man is a restlessness and the restlessness keeps growing, growing. The more it grows, the more man seeks advice. Unfortunately, he seeks advice from those who themselves need advice.
- You will know how to go back, if you Love only One. If you Love many, then you will be distracted towards many. You will know how to go back if you are listening only to One, this is called Attention or Dhyan. But if you are listening to too many voices and noises, then obviously you will not know where to go.
- Look at your restlessness. If you can honestly understand it, then the restlessness itself will show the way.
- The One who is calling you, calls you through you. Your own situation, your own condition contains all the signals and hints. When you will look at yourself, honestly and sharply, you will realise what you have been, and what you are doing to yourself; you just have to stop doing all that. The Home is really never too far away.
- Sensitivity means to not to be so blinded by beliefs, that you cannot look at the obvious.
- What is suffering?An ignorant refusal of Joy.
- If we can understand how one gets lost, returning is so simple and instantaneous.
- In that Real knowing, value is attached only to the Truth, only to the Absolute, and nothing else matters.
- If the action is happening out of a direct relationship with the Absolute, every action is justified.
- Anything that happens out of ignorance is violence.
- Spirituality is the intimacy of the immediate, not the blaze of the beyond.
- If smallness has become your life then Immensity will feel like death.
- The self uses the words of the Guru to defend itself from the Guru.
- When you refuse to know it is because you believe that you already know.
- No action in continuation of restlessness will take you to rest.
- Nothing hinders enlightenment as much as the search for enlightenment.
- What you are is what you get.