- “A person is a friend, a person is a worthwhile companion, only if in that person’s company you can feel alone, you can feel relaxed and peaceful, only if the person’s company does not make itself felt.”
- “Need cannot be the basis of any relationship, including a leader-follower relationship. Any relationship cannot be based on need, because when you need something from somebody then you will not let that person free.
The basis of relationship has to be one’s own fullness — I am so complete in myself that I am not begging something from you, I have come here to give.
This is what love is. Two people who are perfectly alright in there aloneness, when they get together – that is a healthy and beautiful relationship. They do not need each other, yet they are with each other.
‘We do not need each other, yet we are with each other, in our freedom’.
That is a healthy relationship.”
- “Alone, you are you. A person is worth being with if you can be alone in his company.”
- “Someone asked: what is Aloneness?
Said I: The Universe comes into being just now.
I am its first and only inhabitant.
Now runs forever.”
- “One doesn’t wake up by changing dreams.
One doesn’t become alone by changing societies.”
- “Aloneness is to see That alone; to see That alone is Love.”
- “No one is evil. Its just that people do not get to be alone. All crime, madness, comes from being constantly surrounded.
Aloneness is sanity.”
- “I avoid aloneness.
When faced with boredom or fear, I escape to gossip or entertainment.
If Truth threatens me, surely I am living in lies.”
- “Only by being totally at rest can one bring about great movement.
By being alone, great connectedness.
By being nothing, great creation.”
- “The more untouched and inert am I within, the more sensitive and responsive I would be outside.
To be one with the universe, be alone within.”
- “A truly religious man can never be a social man.
He’s free from the clutches of society.
He is intelligence unfettered, indomitable, alone.”
- “That’s what aloneness implies:One – the world cannot give me fulfillment.
In my days of loneliness, I tried enough of that and I have come to realize that the world cannot give me fulfillment.And second – the world does not even exist as an objective entity.
“I alone am” – This is the movement from ‘loneliness’ to ‘aloneness’.Do not think of these two – ‘loneliness’ and ‘aloneness’ – as opposites of each other.
They are not opposites of each other.
In fact, ‘aloneness’ is the pinnacle towards which ‘loneliness’ is always trying to move.
They are different dimensions.”
- “Loneliness is dualistic – ‘me and the world’, and aloneness is non-dual.
Often we make this mistake of taking these two as opposites.
They are not opposite.
If something is the opposite of each other, it has to be in the same, dualistic dimension.Aloneness is not dualistic, neither is it in the same dimension.”
- “Aloneness is a particular mind.
And it is not that as if that mind does not recognise, or realise people.
Do not forget, that aloneness does not exclude duality. Aloneness does not exclude this world.
To be alone, is to be fully of the world, and yet alone.
And then one has lived!”
- “The Teacher speaks from his aloneness and the student must listen from his aloneness. If the Teacher is speaking to the student, he cannot speak, and if the student is listening to the Teacher, he is surely not listening.”
- “The more you are capable of aloneness, the more you are capable of love.”
- “Nakedness is not nakedness if it is meant for display. To be naked means to be alone.”
- “Aloneness means my mind is not divided, my mind is one, alone, single, unfragmented.”
- “Who then is alone? The fellow who is alone is the one who is not with himself, just as the lonely fellow is always with himself. The fellow who is alone is rarely with himself. Because he is not with himself, he becomes available. He becomes available. Available to be with that which is.”
These quotes have come from talks and writings of Shri Prashant