Answers are not there. Only questions are there. Understand the question and that is it. This question-answer format has been given to you by the society only. That there is something like a question and then there is something like an answer. No. Only Inquiry exists and resolution of inquiry exists. There is nothing like ‘answer’ in that.
Don’t imagine solutions. Don’t imagine that if I do like this, then that would happen. Do it first.
This is what you need to observe. While walking, roaming, eating, whatever is happening, just observe that and you will understand! Truth is not far. Just that is what you have to see.
As a boss, if I am sucking Life out of my employees’ life, is that not violence all the more.
Do you know what is insensitivity?
Insensitivity is a belief. It’s a belief that “I am born to be chained, that I am not worthy of love, that I do not deserve to fly.” That is insensitivity. We have been trained to be cruel to ourselves and why must you be cruel to yourself?
You deserve all and everything.
Man is not born to adjust and compromise and somehow tolerate his seventy-eight years and then at the end of the journey say, “Thank God the seventy years are over. It was a night mare, glad, I am out of it. Death is such a nice thing.” When you die at eighty, you say, “Mercifully I am out of it.”
Is that what is life?
Without a deep internal motive, if you still continue to work as you are working, then you must know that there is immersion.
Even when you know that you will not be paid a single paisa, still you continue to work with immersion, then you know that you are not tempted.
Not being instructed about ‘how to work’ and ‘how to display immersion’, if you are still immersed, then it is immersion.
Work comes later, the worker comes first.
The worker comes later, the Heart comes first.
So let work come from your Heart.
That is engagement.
To read the complete article: Work and Immersion
Seen anybody who wants anything except Peace?
Even when you are chasing excitement, you are chasing Peace through excitement.
Even when you are being violent, you want Peace through violence.
Ultimately you want nothing except Peace.
Would it not be then foolish to say that you do not know Peace?
Had you not known it, how could it have been echoing inside you constantly?
Not only do you know it, you remember it without break.
It is a continuous music, an incessant resonance within you.
You don’t even need reminders.
(Setting: Auditorium of a Business School. The speaker is addressing new joinees during their orientation program)
- When you were in class six or seven, small, then they would say at home- read so that you get good marks. You must have a good position in your class – helps to tell the relatives and the neighbours – and when you would not study, you were shown a carrot: ‘you will get X if you study’.
- And there were all these external forces of motivation and work. And then you came to class ten and you were told that in a job interview, they look at class tenth marks as well, so you must study.
- And when you entered twelvth, you were told that this year is critical for your professional studies, entrance examinations, admissions, and so you studied.
- And now what do you want to do? Extend that same stale story further? Add another boring chapter to it?
- This script is so predictable. You have been a machine all your life, chasing numbers- marks, percentage, and you will chase a few numbers here as well. Then you will chase a salary – another number. And grow a professional network – another number. And then rise up rungs of the corporate ladder – another number. And have a family, and a nest, and so on. All on pre-decided lines. What a drag!
- If the same story is being extended, then that class six kid, and this MBA student, are they different at all? Where is the growth? Where is the movement? Has any evolution been happening?
- Are you really going ahead or is it the same script being enacted again and again? Different platforms, different theaters, but essentially the same script
- At some point as a kid, at the next point as an adolescent, at the next point as a young man, at the next point as a professional, then as a husband, as a father…all roles being enacted by you but scripted by someone else. And you are acting, without knowing why there is action. Like a man sleepwalking.
Do you really know why you are here?
Edited for clarity.
Read the post: Why are you listening to someone else? | Words Into Silence
Watch the session:Why are you listening to someone else? | YouTube