- “The misdirected craving for inner fulfillment becomes external attachment.”
- “You have reached the Goal when you forget everything about goals.”
- “Gratification would be; contentment is.”
- “No amount of knowledge is ever sufficient. It brings with it a craving for more.
Knowledge cannot give you contentment.”
- “Nobody ever sells you anything except hope. A promise is what you buy.
Every product is a promise – of love, of contentment, of freedom. Your hope makes you a slave of salvation-sellers.
Just be hopeless, and enjoy freedom.”
- “The face of contentment is the face of God.”
- “Contentment is feeling of fullness. Contentment is a feeling that I cannot be harmed, that I cannot gain much and I cannot lose much.
Fundamentally, contentment is: “I am alright”.
That subtle constant realization that “I am alright, things are alright”, this is contentment.”
- Q. How to get freedom from discontentment?
AP: All effort to ‘get’ is the discontentment.
- “If you have an image of contentment, you will feel discontented.”
- “No thing would matter to you if it were not promising fulfilment.”
“When you are advised to drop likes and dislikes, you are being advised to drop the sense of fulfilment.”
- “The Center must relax so that the periphery may dance.”
These quotes have come from talks and writings of Acharya Prashant