There is the mind, and the mind has the ability to think. The question is not whether you are thinking or not. The question is, who
But I understand your predicament. All the spiritual masters are treating thought as the worst offender. As if thought has brought in sickness and disease to your life.
Thought is your expression, just as action is your expression.
As you are, so your thought is.
In fact, thought is so very helpful.
You cannot look at your tendencies, your vrittis, directly. But thought is gross, palpable, definite, it can be watched.
You cannot watch the ‘I’ tendency directly. But when the ‘I’ tendency, expresses itself as the thought, then you can know what is brewing inside you. Otherwise, it would have remain, hidden, undetected, by your conscious radars. Your senses have no way to detect the deep tendency that lies behind the senses.
Hence, thought helps.
~ Acharya Prashant
Connect to Acharya Prashant:
1. Advait Learning Camps (ALC): Advait Learning Camps are monthly 4-day retreats under the guidance of Acharya Prashant in the Himalayas. To participate in the camps, Contact Sh. Anshu Sharma: +91-8376055661
2. Course in Realization (CIR): Course in Realization is a seven-day scripture based learning program led by Acharya Prashant. To join, either physically or online, contact Sh. Kamlesh Balchandani: +91-9630055750
3. Month of AwakeninG (MAG): Attend Satsangs from Home! MAG is an online series of discourses on handpicked topics by Acharya Prashant on practical and relevant topics like Love, Fear, Achievement etc. To join the online discourses, contact: Sushri Anoushka Jain: +91-9818585917
4. Meet the Master (MTM): Meet the Master is an opportunity to meet and seek detailed guidance from Acharya Prashant, either in person or online. Contact: Sushri Anoushka Jain: +91-9818585917
5. Blessings from Beyond: Weekends with Acharya Prashant brings you the unique opportunity for a 2 day 2 night stay with the Master every month. It involves two mystical days of dynamic activities, explorations of the self, sports, meditative reading, deep reflections, midnight walks and more.
Contact Sushri. Divya Mishra: +91-8527968862
Venue: Advait Bodhsthal, Greater Noida, India.
6. A Day With Master: A day with the Master’ is a rare opportunity for genuine seekers from all over the world to spend 12 hours with the Master at the Advait BodhSthal Ashram – Greater Noida.
To register yourself, to spend the day with the Master, send in your request firstname.lastname@example.org
call at: Shri Anmol Phutela: +91-8859069127, Shri Mohd Azaz: +91-9871952116
7. Triyog: Daily morning 2 hour Yoga feast for your total well-being. Comprising of Hatha Yog, Bhakti Yog, and Gyan Yog.
Contact: Shri Kundan Singh: +91-9999102998
Venue: Advait Bodhsthal, Greater Noida, India.
To join any of the above programs, send your specified application to:
Books by the Speaker are available at:
The essential — you will not be able to drop even if you try to drop it. Even if you say “I want to drop the essential”, I will not carry it anymore still you will find yourself coming back to the essential, still, you will find that in spite of your efforts to drop, it is still present. The inessential — you can drop and once dropped, it gets dropped, remains dropped.
So, what you are calling as death, you can better call it as cleansing, a dropping of the inessential, just a cleansing. After one is cleaned, one emerges healthier, more pure, and more beautiful.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The foothills of the Himalayas await you!
Celebrate Mahashivratri at The 29th Advait Learning Camp
To participate: write an email to: email@example.com
For any queries, feel free to contact:
Shri Anshu Sharma +91-8376055661
The role of a teacher is to make you become ‘somebody’, the role of the teacher is to fill you up with knowledge. So, he makes you into somebody.
The role of the Guru is to clean everything that the various teachers have done with you.
All the marks, the stains that have been left on your psyche by the various teachers, the role of the Guru is to clean those stains.
They make you into somebody;
the Guru turns you back into nobody.
So he himself, first of all, has to be nobody.
Because this becoming, this becoming ‘somebody’ is your very hell.
Only somebody who has seen the total failure of his ways is so determined to get rid of suffering that he can sacrifice anything, anybody.
Only such a person, such a mind can be helped by the Guru.
To participate in 28th Advait Learning Camp, happening from 26th to 29th January at VNA Resorts, Rishikesh, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
⏩Sh. Anshu Sharma: +91-8376055661
You may be going out to sell an unworthy, misery furthering product or service. Do not think that you have made the fool of the